Thursday, August 13, 2009

From Prosecutor To Public Defender?

Elizabeth Allen is a former Nampa City Prosecutor whose job was eliminated when the Canyon County Prosecutor took over the prosecutions for the city. But then:

"I get a call on Tuesday at 11:00, the day the public defenders walked out, from the new law firm taking over the public defender contract. "Can you be in court at Nampa and cover the afternoon?" I was asked. "Sure" - not like I had anything else much to do. I don't know why they called me, a prosecutor, and didn't have a lot of the old public defenders just come on and work for the new firm (again...a political issue?). So this last week I have been thrown in as a public defender. It has been very weird to switch sides and represent defendants. Although I miss the power of the prosecutor, I do like being able to work with people and help them with their cases. However, it sucks to be taking the jobs of those awesome public defenders who I have loved to work with and were amazing at their jobs."

There's more to her story and it's worth reading. Thanks to my friend Skelly for bringing this Blog to my attention: http://elizabethkallen.blogspot.com/2009/08/so-i-think-i-have-jobi-think.html

Also: Elizabeth is expecting and there is a baby name poll on her site. "Benjamin" is one of the finalists, but I favor "Atticus."

No comments:

Post a Comment