Wednesday, March 3, 2010

IACDL Seminar this Friday-Saturday!

Head over to the Sun Valley Inn for the Idaho Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Winter Seminar. The main focus of the conference is on how to litigate false confession cases. This is an important topic as we are learning through the DNA exoneration cases that actually innocent people are being manipulated by law enforcement into falsely confessing. Several experts will speak on that topic. There will also be an ethics session and updates on recent Idaho caselaw and pending legislation.

The Winter Seminar is also a great place to socialize with your fellow criminal defense lawyers. I can't wait to see who wins the Cockroach Award this year! See you there.

3 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what the cockroach award is? I can imagine, but would appreciate the official version ... I like making awards, and might have to steal this one...

    Would you like a cockroach work of art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The award is given to the criminal defense lawyer who had the most jury trials in the previous year. It's named, of course, in honor of the cockroach because the cockroach is an indestructable pest.

    I'd love to see you do a cockroach work of art, but being mainly an appellate lawyer I have never come close to cockroachdom so I don't deserve to have one.

    ReplyDelete